The Sunekos regeneration system for dermal biogenesis is a non-invasive medical treatment, consisting in injecting, through a fine needle or a cannula. The procedure is relatively painless and a topical anaesthetic can be applied prior to treatment with Sunekos. The treatment normally lasts about 15-20 minutes and at the end you can immediately resume normal activities. The intradermal plant of natural chemically unmodified high and low molecular weight hyaluronic acid, plus amino acids of collagen and elastin (in Sunekos 200 and 1200) is one of the methods used for rejuvenation Hyaluronic acid and the amino acids of collagen and elastin are substances already present in the human body, they are reabsorbed and are used for the synthesis of a new dermal matrix. The duration of the effect depends on multiple factors (individual characteristics, sun exposure, skin treatments, etc.)
The regeneration system for dermal biogenesis is a treatment indicated both for young, still elastic and vital skin, to slow down the physiological aging process, and for mature skin to reduce the signs of aging, reactivating cellular functionality. Sunekos 200 or 1200 have not had any reportable allergic reactions reported to date so its use does not require preliminary tests.
However, we advise that if you were to have a reaction, you would need to inform your practitioner
Pre-Treatment Care Tips:
- It’s crucial that you Don’t Consume Alcohol at least 24 hours before undergoing any injection, as alcohol can thin the blood and increase the possibility of bruising.
- You should also avoid medications like Blood Thinners or Anti Inflammatories.
- Likewise, Avoid Hair Removal in the area that will receive Profhilo (whether that be Shaving, Wax, Laser or Cream).
- Products To Avoid 3 Days Before: Retinal/Retinol, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid Etc.
- In addition, please make sure you are Not Wearing Makeup on the day of your procedure.
What To Expect:
After your treatment - you will leave clinic with small bumps. Swelling is the most common side effect and usually shows immediately and will last for 1-3 days. There can also be some mild bruising and tenderness. This is all completely normal and generally reduces within a few days. No recovery time is required, and you can return to your daily activities immediately. You will be fully consulted before any treatment to discuss the side effects in detail.
Aftercare is just as important as pre-care, if not more! So please ensure you follow the below steps after your treatment.
- Do Not Wear Makeup or Apply products to the skin for up to 4 hours.
- Do Not Undergo Other Treatments, like Microdermabraison, Microneedling, Facials, Chemical Peels Etc for at least 3 days after the procedure.
- Staying out of the sun/away from sunbeds for 4+ days is also a good idea.
- Do not enter a sauna or similar environment for 2 weeks following treatment.
- Apply Arnica Gel to area that has been treated to minimise Bruising.
Bruising at the Injection Point:
It is important to know bruising at the injection point can happen.
It is rare that you will bruise at each and every injection point but it is important to know i can happen.
This doesn't mean anything has gone wrong or it has been administered incorrectly, it just means the end of the needle has nicked a blood vessel below the surface lower than the eye can see, which has caused the blood to come up to the surface and form a small bruise.
-Apply a cold compress to the bruise, but be sure to not press down hard
-Apply Arnica Gel
-Be Patient, the bruise will go
-Massage the area, this will cause the bruise to spread
I am aware of the following risks/complications that may occur:
- Mild to moderate discomfort or pain
- Slight redness or swelling
- Risk of Infection
- Unsatisfactory Outcome/Temporary loss of function of nearby muscles.
I confirm I do not suffer with any of the Contra-indications associated with Sunekos Injections:
- Coldsores (herpes virus)
- Spots/acne at the injection sites
- Active Infections (skin)
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity to Hyaluronic Acid
- Scar tissue
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Body Dysmorphia
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Blood thinning medication
I understand that the treatment may involve risks of complication or injury from both known and unknown causes, and I freely assume those risks. Prior to receiving treatment, I have been candid in revealing any condition that may have a bearing on this procedure.
I consent and authorise Paige Edmonds to perform one or more Sunekos treatments on me. I certify that I have read this entire informed consent and I understand and agree to the information provided in the form. My questions regarding the procedure have been answered satisfactorily.
I hereby release Paige Edmonds from all liabilities associated with this procedure. This consent is valid for all of my Sunekos treatments in the future as well.