Anti Ageing Treatments
Anti-ageing is a treatment to delay or stop the ageing process.
There are many treatments that can help combat ageing, using both surgical and non-surgical procedures. Damage from too much sun exposure can take its toll and be responsible for most of the visible ageing of the skin.
There is no single treatment that deals with all skin issues and that will have the same result on every individual but your advanced skin specialist can determine what would be the best treatment for you and whether a combination of treatments is needed also.
What are the signs of ageing?
Ageing can take its toll in many different ways, including:
- Expression lines and wrinkles
- Loss of Fat Volume
- Loss of Collagen & Elasticity
- Sun Damage – The worst offender
What are the different types of nonsurgical anti-ageing treatments that Skin by Paige Alexandra offers?
There are treatments that can smooth and tighten the skin, adding volume replacement and wrinkle reduction. However, a non-surgical procedure isn't going to provide the same lifting results as surgery, but it will leave you looking fresher and rejuvenated.
The options include:
- Botox Injections involve a series of small injections in order to weaken/relax the chosen muscles. Weakening of the injected muscles begins to be apparent after 3-5 days with the peak effect being reached after 14 days. When injected in small doses into targeted areas, anti-wrinkle injections block the signals between the nerves and the muscles, causing the muscles to relax. They reduce the appearance of lines to produce a look that is fresh, more youthful and, most importantly, natural.
- Profhilo Skin Booster for anti-ageing is one of the newest additions to this family of procedures. Like Dermal Fillers this skin remodelling treatment uses Hyaluronic Acid, to encourage the production of collagen and elastin, rather than fill in deep lines. This patented technology is engineered primarily for reversing the effects of ageing on the skin by tightening the laxity of it. In a Profhilo session, you will be injected five times on each side of your face for improved skin laxity results in just two sessions, but with a month interval in between each. This injectable skin booster is the first BDDE-free stabilised injectable Hyaluronic Acid-based product for ensuring that the skin’s laxity is revised.
- Jalupro skin booster for anti-ageing can be done on various parts of the body including the face, neck and hands. But, we are going to primarily focus on what the Jalupro skin booster can do for your facial anti-ageing. Again, like the Profhilo treatment, numerous injections are given on both sides of the face, but this time including the under eye and forehead. After just one session, you will begin to see the results. This skin booster, however, is recommended as a 3 treatment course that is run over 6 weeks to achieve the optimum outcome. This new approach to the injectable aesthetics industry uses a mixture of both Hyaluronic Acid and Amino Acids to stimulate the fibroblasts in the skin, producing collagen and elastin as a result.
Microneedling creates micro injuries to the epidermis (outer layer of skin) and the Dermis (the inner layer of skin). As a result, the micro injuries encourage the body’s innate ability to repair itself, encourage cell renewal & produce new collagen. The skin naturally sheds dead skin cells every 28 days. Our cell turnover rate changes throughout our life. Babies and young children have a faster cell turnover rate because they're growing quickly. That explains why children have such bright, soft, luminous-looking skin, their cell turnover rate is twice as fast as adults. They always have new skin cells on the surface. By have Microneedling every 4-6 weeks you are encouraging your cell turnover to speed up and encouraging collagen production too.
Platelet Rich Plasma is a non-surgical treatment that utilizes your own body’s healing abilities to stimulate skin healing, repair and recovery. It has the power to trigger your body’s own tissue regeneration potential. It is a natural treatment that uses the platelets from your own blood. When activated, platelets secrete and release at least 7 different growth factors which enhance the natural healing processes. They also stimulate growth of collagen to rejuvenate the skin, improve the blood supply to the tissues and can greatly improve skin tone and texture.
Dermalux LED Therapy offers a natural, pain-free and effective way to achieve youthful and healthy skin. The visible effects can be immediate, after just one treatment. Skin becomes more hydrated, plump and radiant and any redness and irritation is calmed. A course of treatments offers a more dramatic and lasting improvement in the appearance and health of the skin.
It also provides treatment of compromised and reactive skin conditions. It helps Acne and Rosacea, Pigmentation & other inflammatory disorders such as Eczema, Dermatitis & Psoriasis.
PureLift is the premier non-invasive facial elevation and sculpting tool on the market. Only PureLift uses patented electrical impulses for facial toning, giving you the appearance of a fuller, more youthful face in just 10 minutes.
PureLift™ delivers the dual benefits of deep stimulation and instant elevation in one package.
Deep Facial Toning
PureLift stimulates your facial muscles with patented electrical impulse.
Elevate under eyes, brows, jaw line, forehead, cheeks, and more. The treatment takes just 5 minutes for each side of your face and delivers an instantly toned look the moment you finish.
- Radio Frequency uses low energy radiation to heat the deep layer of your skin called the dermis. This heat stimulates the production of collagen to help improve signs of wrinkles and sagging skin.
What ‘anti-aging’ products should I include in my skincare regime?
Retinal >>> (Medik8 Crystal Retinal)
Peptides >>> (Medik8 Liquid Peptides)
Eye Cream >>> (Medik8 Advanced Night Eye)
Ceramides >>> (Medik8 Advanced Night Restore)
SPF >>> (Medik8 Daily Radiance SPF)
Vitamin C >>> (Medik8 C-Tetra)
Hyaluronic Acid >>> (Medik8 Hydr8 B5)