Facial Massage Therapy Aftercare / Consent
What To Expect:
Depending on the facial massage chosen, some massage techniques can be quite intense to the muscles, so you may find you experience some of the following symptoms after your treatment:
- Skin is sore to touch
- Increased Thirst
- Facial Muscle Tenderness
- Redness / Flushed
- Sounder Sleep
- Cold Symptoms
- Stuffy or Blocked Nose
In order to get the most out of your treatment, ensure you do the following after your facial massage:
- Do not wash your face or apply any skincare products for 12 hours
- To minimise dryness, skip out on any 'active' products for 3 days after. (i.e Retinal + Acids)
- Do not apply makeup for 12-24 hours. (Once 24 hours has passed and you wish to wear makeup, please ensure your brushes are clean and sanitised)
- Avoid exercise / sweating for 24 hours
- Avoid swimming, sauna’s and spa environments for 72 hours
- Sleep on a clean pillowcase at night. Preferably Silk / Satin
- Make sure that you are also avoiding direct sun exposure. Especially tanning beds. (Preferably forever! But if you must, please wait 14 days)
- Make sure to keep your skin well hydrated with a protective moisturiser. Apply it twice daily or more often if needed to reduce any dryness.
- Do not use scrubs, loofahs, exfoliating sponges or other means of mechanical exfoliation on your face for 7 days.
- Drink LOTS of water!
- Herpes Simplex (cold sores or fever blisters) An anti-viral medication may be necessary prior to treatment
- Open skin lesions
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Extensive sun or tanning 7 days prior and 7 days post treatment
- Roaccutane in the past 6 months to 1 year
- Prescription topical retinol products in the past 14 days
- Waxing of area to be treated in the past 7 days
- Skin must be healthy and intact
- Active Infections (skin)
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity to certain skincare ingredients / topicals
- Blood thinning medication
I am aware of the following risks/complications that may occur:
- Slight redness / flushed skin
- Skin sensitivity
- Irritation / Dryness
- Allergic reaction
- Bacterial infection
✓ I hereby give my consent for photos and/or videos to be taken before, during and after my treatment.
✓ I understand that the treatment may involve risks of complication or injury from both known and unknown causes, and I freely assume those risks. Prior to receiving treatment, I have been candid in revealing any condition that may have a bearing on this procedure.
✓ I consent and authorise all therapist’s at By Paige Alexandra to use all products and equipment that make up the Hot Stone Heaven Facial treatment on me. I certify that I have read this entire informed consent and I understand and agree to the information provided in the form. My questions regarding the procedure have been answered satisfactorily.
✓ I hereby release all therapist’s at By Paige Alexandra from all liabilities associated with this procedure. This consent is valid for all of my Hot Stone Heaven Facial treatments in the future as well.