Dermaplaning Precare, Aftercare & Consent
Precare, Aftercare & Consent
Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation that consists of using a surgical scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion.
The procedure aims to give facial skin a smooth, youthful, and radiant appearance. As well as smoothing skin and removing “peach fuzz,” it it also known to help minimise the look of scars, sun-damaged skin, and small wrinkles.
Multiple treatments are required in order to obtain optimal results spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
Dermalux LED Therapy is a popular non invasive skin treatment for acne, sun damage, wounds, and other skin problems.
The treatment uses varying wavelengths of light to trigger the skin’s natural healing processes to repair the skin. Several treatments are necessary to see results.
LED is safe, non-thermal, nontoxic and non-invasive, and to date no side effects have been reported in published literature. In the 20 years that LED has been used in the medical and beauty industry, there have been no reported incidents of adverse reactions or damage caused by LED therapy.
- Do not use active topicals that may increase the sensitivity of your skin such as retinoids, exfoliants, topical antibiotics or acids 3 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid ANY other facial treatment at least 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid extensive sun exposure / the use of tanning beds at least 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Likewise, avoid Hair Removal at least 7 days prior to your treatment.
- In addition, please make sure you are not wearing makeup on the day of your treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Straight after your appointment your skin may feel a little sensitive and over the next few days you may experience some dryness/flaking and a 'tight' feeling to your skin.
- If you have a lighter skin complexion, your skin also may appear a little flushed.
- Do not wash your face or apply any skincare products for 12 hours
- To minimise dryness, skip out on any 'active' products for 3 days after. (i.e Retinal + Acids)
- Do not apply makeup for 12-24 hours. Once 24 hours has passed and you wish to wear makeup, please ensure your brushes are clean and sanitised
- Avoid exercise / sweating for 24 hours
- Avoid swimming, sauna’s and spa environments for 72 hours
- Sleep on a clean pillowcase at night. Preferably Silk / Satin
- Make sure that you are also avoiding direct sun exposure. Especially tanning beds. (Preferably forever! But if you must, please wait 14 days)
- Make sure to keep your skin well hydrated with a protective moisturiser. Apply it twice daily or more often if needed to reduce any dryness.
- Do not use scrubs, loofahs, exfoliating sponges or other means of mechanical exfoliation on your face for 7 days.
- Drink LOTS of water!
- Herpes Simplex (cold sores or fever blisters) An anti-viral medication may be necessary prior to treatment
- Open skin lesions
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Extensive sun or tanning 7 days prior and 7 days post treatment
- Roaccutane in the past 6 months to 1 year
- Prescription topical retinol products in the past 14 days
- Waxing of area to be treated in the past 7 days
- Skin must be healthy and intact
- An allergy to aspirin
- Active Infections (skin)
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity to certain skincare ingredients / topicals
- Blood thinning medication
- Light Sensitive Medication
- Antibiotics (which can make you light sensitive)
- Epilepsy / Seizures triggered by light
- Photosensitive disorder
- Anti arthritic medication such as Ridaura, Gold 50.
I am aware of the following risks/complications that may occur:
- Slight redness / flushed skin
- Sun sensitivity
- Skin sensitivity
- Pigment changes
- Irritation / Dryness
- Allergic reaction
- Bacterial infection
✓ I understand that the treatment may involve risks of complication or injury from both known and unknown causes, and I freely assume those risks. Prior to receiving treatment, I have been candid in revealing any condition that may have a bearing on this procedure.
✓ I consent and authorise all therapist’s at Skin by Paige Alexandra to use all products and equipment that make up the Dermaplaning Deluxe + LED Therapy treatment on me. I certify that I have read this entire informed consent and I understand and agree to the information provided in the form. My questions regarding the procedure have been answered satisfactorily.
✓ I hereby release all therapist’s at Skin by Paige Alexandra from all liabilities associated with this procedure. This consent is valid for all of my Dermaplaning Deluxe + LED Therapy treatments and all technologies in the future as well.