Anti Wrinkle Injections Consent
Precare, Aftercare & Consent
Anti Wrinkle / Botulinum Toxin injections involve a series of small injections in order to weaken/relax the chosen muscles.
Weakening of the injected muscles begins to be apparent after 3-5 days with the peak effect being reached after 14 days. This is when you will be due to come back for a review.
Main Treatable Areas;
- Frown Lines
- Forehead Lines / Worry Lines
- Eye Lines / Crows Feet
- Masseter Muscle (Bruxism)
- Brow Lift
- Lip Lines
- Bunny Lines
- Chin Dimpling
- Gummy Smile
- Platysma Bands
- Cheek Lines
What to expect?
If you have Dynamic Wrinkles which are wrinkles that appear in motion like when Frowning but are not visible when resting then these will be completely gone after your review / top up and you will no longer be able to Frown therefore will not be able to create those wrinkles.
If you have Static Wrinkles which means your wrinkles are present at rest it is extremely important to understand that these wrinkles will not disappear. Anti Wrinkle Injections are a muscle relaxant and preventative. They do not fill the wrinkles or cause them to disappear if they are already present without movement. That being said over time with regular treatments they will soften.
Results can last 3-6 months depending on dosage, the area treated and lifestyle factors such as sun exposure, smoking and excessive exercise. The procedure can / should be repeated after 3 months.
-It is crucial that you do not consume alcohol at least 24 hours before undergoing Botox injections, as alcohol can thin the blood and increase the possibility of bruising.
-You should also avoid medications like Blood Thinners, Aspiriin or Anti Inflammatories for 1 week prior to your treatment.
-If you are Lactose Intolerant you must let me know before your procedure as it may mean I have to use a different brand of Botulinum Toxic to my usual.
-Avoid other facial treatments at least 1 week prior to your treatment.
-Avoid extensive sun exposure / the use of tanning beds at least 3 days prior to your treatment.
(We obviously advise that you stop using tanning beds altogether because they increase your risk of skin cancer and accelerate visible signs of aging).
-Likewise, avoid Hair Removal (to the area you are receiving Botox) at least 1 week prior to your treatment.
(Whether that be Waxing, Laser or Cream – Shaving is okay if done gently ensuring no nicks).
-In addition, please make sure you are not wearing makeup on the day of your treatment.
Helpful tips to prevent bruising at the injection point:
-As mentioned above avoid medications like Blood Thinners, Aspiriin or Anti Inflammatories for 1 week prior to your treatment.
Take Arnica tablets for 1 week prior to your treatment
-Up your Iron, B12 & Vitamin C intake if you are prone to bruising.
-Drink pineapple juice to help prevent bruising
It is important to know bruising at the injection point can happen.
It is rare that you will bruise at each and every injection point but it is important to know It can happen. This doesn't mean anything has gone wrong or it has been administered incorrectly, it just means the end of the needle has nicked a blood vessel below the surface lower than the eye can see, which has caused the blood to come up to the surface and form a small bruise.
-Apply a cold compress to the bruise, but be sure to not press down hard
-Apply Arnica Gel
-Be Patient, the bruise will go
-Massage the area, this will not only cause the Toxin to spread, but can also cause potential bruisiong to spread.
I am aware of the following risks/complications that may occur:
- Mild to moderate discomfort or pain
- Slight redness or swelling
- Muscle Activity Disorder
- Drooping Eyelids
- Blurred Vision
- Muscle Twitching
- Risk of Infection
- Unsatisfactory Outcome/Temporary loss of function of nearby muscles.
- Possibility of eyelid drooping / feeling of a heavy forehead
- Dry mouth.
- Temporary smile distortion.
- Dysfunction in speech, swallowing or spitting
- Temporary weakness when chewing.
In the event of an adverse reaction medical help should be sought immediately.
I confirm I do not suffer with any of the Contra-indications associated with Anti Wrinkle / Botulinum Toxin injections;
- Coldsores (herpes virus)
- Active dermatosis at the injection sites (e.g. Eczema, Psoriasis)
- Active Infections (skin)
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity to Botulinum Toxin or its constituents (Lactose, Sodium succinate, Human Albumin).
- Hypertrophic or Keloid Scarring
- Scar tissue
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Body Dysmorphia
- Impaired healing (e.g. due to immunosuppression)
- Skin atrophy (thinning of the upper layers of skin, causing them to be more fragile and prone to tears and ulcerations) (e.g. chronic steroid use, genetic syndromes such as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome)
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Blood thinning medication
- Bleeding abnormality (e.g. anticoagulant use or thrombocytopenia)
- Neuromuscular disorders (e.g. such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, lamber-eaton syndrome, myasthenia gravis or myopathies)
- Gross motor weakness in treatment area (e.g. bells palsy or stroke)
- Uncontrolled systemic condition (a systemic disease is one of that affects a number of organ and tissues, or affects the body as a whole)
- Medication that inhibit neuromuscular signally and that may potentiate Botulinum Toxin effects (e.g. Aminoglycosides, Quinine, Calcium Channel Blockers, Penicillamine)
- Blepharoptosis (Droopy Eyelid)
- Eyebrow Ptosis (Droopy Eyebrow)
- Epiphora (Excessive Tearing)
- Xerophthalmia (Dry Eyes)
- Lagophthalmos (Incomplete Eye Closure)
- Ectropion of Lower Eyelid (Eyelid Margin Eversion)
- Diplopia (Double Vision)
- Impaired Blink Reflex
- Globe Trauma (Orbital Trauma/Blunt Trauma To Eye)
- Photophobia (Sensitivity to Light)
- Infraorbital Festooning (Worsening of Eyebags)
- Cheek Flaccidity
- Dysphagia (Difficulty Swallowing)
I understand that the treatment may involve risks of complication or injury from both known and unknown causes, and I freely assume those risks. Prior to receiving treatment, I have been candid in revealing any condition that may have a bearing on this procedure.
I consent and authorise all therapist’s at Skin by Paige Alexandra to use all products and equipment that make up the Anti Wrinkle treatment on me. I certify that I have read this entire informed consent and I understand and agree to the information provided in the form. My questions regarding the procedure have been answered satisfactorily.
I hereby release all therapist’s at Skin by Paige Alexandra from all liabilities associated with this procedure. This consent is valid for all of my Anti Wrinkle treatments in the future as well.
WHAT TO EXPECT | AFTERCARE
What To Expect:
Weakening of the injected muscles begins to be apparent after 3-5 days with the peak effect being reached after 14 days.
-Keep upright for 4 hours
-Do not massage or rub the injected areas for 4-6 hours after treatment
(This is to ensure the product does not spread to a nearby muscle)
-Do not wash your face or apply any skincare products for 4-6 hours
-Do not apply makeup for 4-6 hours.
Once 24 hours has passed and you wish to wear makeup, please ensure your brushes
are clean and sanitised
-Avoid exercise / sweating for 24 hours
-Avoid swimming, sauna’s and spa environments for 48 hours
-Make sure that you are also avoiding direct sun exposure. Especially tanning beds.
(Preferably forever! But if you must, please wait 7 days)