Anti Wrinkle Consent
Anti Wrinkle Injections Consent:
Anti Wrinkle injections involve a series of small injections in order to weaken/relax the chosen muscles.
Weakening of the injected muscles begins to be apparent after 3-5 days with the peak effect being reached after 14 days. This is when you will be due to come back for a review.
If you have Dynamic Wrinkles which are wrinkles that appear in motion like when Frowning but are not visible when resting then these will be completely gone after your review / top up and you will no longer be able to Frown therefore will not be able to create those wrinkles.
If you have Static Wrinkles which means your wrinkles are present at rest it is extremely important to understand that these wrinkles will not disappear. Anti Wrinkle Injections are a muscle relaxant and preventative. They do not fill the wrinkles or cause them to disappear if they are already present without movement. That being said over time with regular treatments they will soften.
Results can last 3-6 months depending on dosage, the area treated and lifestyle factors such as sun exposure, smoking and excessive exercise. The procedure can / should be repeated after 3 months.
Anti Wrinkle Injections are most often used to treat;
• Frown Lines
• Forehead Lines / Worry Lines
• Lip Lines
• Eye Lines / Crows Feet
Pre-Treatment Care Tips:
- It’s crucial that you Don’t Consume Alcohol at least 24 hours before undergoing Botox injections, as alcohol can thin the blood and increase the possibility of bruising.
- You should also avoid medications like Blood Thinners or Anti Inflammatories.
- If you are Lactose Intolerant you must let me know before your procedure as it will mean i have to use a different brand of Botulinum Toxic to my usual.
- Likewise, Avoid Hair Removal in the area that will receive Botox (whether that be Shaving, Wax, Laser or Cream).
- Products To Avoid 3 Days Before: Retinal/Retinol, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid Etc.
- In addition, please make sure you are Not Wearing Makeup on the day of your procedure.
Aftercare is just as important as pre-care, if not more! So please ensure you follow the below steps after your treatment.
- Don’t Touch, Massage or Rub the affected area in any way for at least 24 hours to prevent the Botox from spreading to other muscles.
- Additionally, try to avoid strenuous exercise/activities and lying down for up to 3 hours.
- Do Not Wear Makeup or Apply products to the skin for up to 4 hours.
- Do Not Undergo Other Treatments, like Microdermabraison, Microneedling, Facials, Chemical Peels Etc for at least 1 week after the procedure.
- Staying out of the sun/away from sunbeds for 4+ days is also a good idea.
- Do not enter a sauna or similar environment for 2 weeks following treatment.
- A cold pack or gel can be applied to help reduce swelling and minimize bruising but be sure to Avoid Pressure. Again, so the Botox doesn’t move and ensure the success of the Botox.
- Apply Arnica Gel to area that has been treated to minimise Bruising.
Bruising at the Injection Point:
It is important to know bruising at the injection point can happen.
It is rare that you will bruise at each and every injection point but it is important to know i can happen.
This doesn't mean anything has gone wrong or it has been administered incorrectly, it just means the end of the needle has nicked a blood vessel below the surface lower than the eye can see, which has caused the blood to come up to the surface and form a small bruise.
-Apply a cold compress to the bruise, but be sure to not press down hard
-Apply Arnica Gel
-Be Patient, the bruise will go
-Massage the area, this will cause the bruise to spread
I am aware of the following risks/complications that may occur:
- Mild to moderate discomfort or pain
- Slight redness or swelling
- Muscle Activity Disorder
- Drooping Eyelids
- Blurred Vision
- Muscle Twitching
- Risk of Infection
- Unsatisfactory Outcome/Temporary loss of function of nearby muscles.
In the event of an adverse reaction medical help should be sought immediately.
I confirm I do not suffer with any of the Contra-indications associated with Botox Anti Wrinkle Injections:
- Coldsores (herpes virus)
- Spots/acne at the injection sites (mainly lips)
- Active Infections (skin)
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity to Botulinum Toxin or its constituents (Lactose, Sodium succinate, Human Albumin).
- Scar tissue
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Body Dysmorphia
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Blood thinning medication
- Blepharoptosis (Droopy Eyelid)
- Eyebrow Ptsosis (Droopy Eyebrow)
- Epiphora (Excessive Tearing)
- Xerophthalmia (Dry Eyes)
- Lagophthalmos (Incomplete Eye Closure)
- Ectropion of Lower Eyelid (Eyelid Margin Eversion)
- Diplopia (Double Vision)
- Impaired Blink Relfex
- Globe Trauma (Orbital Trauma/Blunt Trauma To Eye)
- Photophobia (Sensitivity to Light)
- Infraorbital Festooning (Worsening of Eyebags)
- Cheek Flaccidity
- Dysphagia (Difficulty Swalling)
I understand that the treatment may involve risks of complication or injury from both known and unknown causes, and I freely assume those risks. Prior to receiving treatment, I have been candid in revealing any condition that may have a bearing on this procedure.
I consent and authorise Paige Edmonds to perform one or more Botox Anti Wrinkle treatments on me. I certify that I have read this entire informed consent and I understand and agree to the information provided in the form. My questions regarding the procedure have been answered satisfactorily.
I hereby release Paige Edmonds from all liabilities associated with this procedure. This consent is valid for all of my Botox Anti Wrinkle treatments in the future as well.